Letters to the school and Mole Valley Planning Dept


 Hi, all!

It was great to meet you last Thursday and to have such a positive discussion about our common concern.

As promised, a template letter is shown below, addressed to Mrs Davies, headmistress of the school.  The School's email address is - info@weald.surrey.sch.uk

Mrs S Davis

The Weald Church of England Primary School
Newdigate Road
Beare Green
Surrey
RH5 4QW

Dear Mrs Davis

 
Your proposed development of Weald School

 
I / We write further to the above and wish to express my / our complete opposition to your proposal.

 

Whilst I / we do not, in principle, have any objection to the improvement of the school or its buildings, I am / we are completely opposed to any development of the school’s playing fields whether for housing or leisure facilities.

 

Given the inevitable increase in noise, traffic and light pollution that will result from it, the development of the playing fields will destroy the rural character and the community of Beare Green.  Most importantly, your proposals will result in irreparable damage to the Green Belt.

 

I / we will be contacting Mole Valley District Council to advise them of my / our disapproval of your proposals at this stage and to register my / our interest in the public consultation associated with the Land Allocations Plan.  

 

You may rest assured that, should you proceed with your proposals, I / we will resist them at every stage.

 

Finally, you should note that my / our concerns are widely held by the local community.  



Yours sincerely.
 



Please note that the draft can be used individually or by couples and you will  need to amend "I / we" as appropriate.

 You are very welcome to use this letter or amend it how you want,  although (obviously!) our letters should be polite, notwithstanding our feelings about the development!

I suggest that you add your own name and address to the draft, date it and keep a copy.  

You will note that the letter refers to contacting Mole Valley District Council and I think it would be wise to contact Jane Smith (Senior Planning Policy Officer at Mole Valley), both to register our interest in the Land Allocation Plan (the next step) and also to warn Mole Valley that the School has a fight on its hands!

Jane's e-mail address is Jane.Smith@molevalley.gov.uk and I would suggest something along the lines of:
 

Dear Jane

I am a local resident of Beare Green and am extremely concerned about the Weald School's proposed development.  

I understand that the Council will be reviewing the extent of the Green Belt and will arranging public consultation.  

I wish to register my objection to the School's development and I would be grateful if you could keep me advised of the public consultation proposals.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best wishes to all and, remember - KEEP BEARE GREEN GREEN!

 

Comments

Popular Posts